The 'Tamu' in my place..

>> Sunday, September 28, 2008

The marketplace in my place is known as "Tamu". Locally means 'meet', tamu is where the local farmers sell their product ranging from vegetables, plants, food like cakes, cookies, chickens, fruits, rice, clothes and varieties of other farmers local food and drinks. The tamu is held every Thursday and Sunday. I have the chance to go to the tamu this morning and managed to snap some pictures with my handphone resulting images that were not very clear. I remembered to bring the camera but left it at home as its too daring for me to shot in unashamed manner haha whats the big deal.  

seller busy arranging the veggies..

ferns and tapioca leaves eaten as veggies

so tired I take a snooze first..

bananas, lemon grass, long beans..

more beans, brinjals, gingers, cucumbers,

local bananas, bananas flowers, starfruits

local pumpkins

young green bananas best for banana chips

seed pods of petai or stink beans

peeled petai or stink bean (has strong smell)

local rice also sells here


varieties of kampong rice..

kampong rice/village rice price..

Mostly people would prefer the local food as the veggies are believed to have less fertilizers and cheap compare to veggies sold in the regular market, what is more? the veggies quantity.  Sellers also tend to sell the veggies in cheap prices when noon time is coming as other sellers packing their things home.  

10 Inspiring Leaves:

david santos September 29, 2008 6:21 PM  

Very good posting. Good vegetals and good food.
Thank you.

FJL September 29, 2008 6:54 PM  

Geez Thank you. My pleasure. :)

Sandie lee September 29, 2008 8:42 PM  

Wonderful pics. I love looking at your blog. Stink beans? Do you eat them? I hope they're better than they sound :)

FJL September 30, 2008 3:27 AM  

Thank you Sandie. Stink beans? not my favorite. My husband is. It is believed to 'wash and clean' the kidney. Eating them will have your mouth, your urine smells strong like the bean itself..you can see the picture after it has been cooked in my sister's blog.
http://dauntlesslara.blogspot.com/search/label/Recipe

Anonymous October 03, 2008 7:04 PM  

hi thanks for stopping by :)
& thankyou
x

Sandie lee October 03, 2008 8:20 PM  

I'll pass on the stink beans, thank you.

FJL October 04, 2008 12:46 PM  

you too and welcome. :)

FJL October 04, 2008 12:48 PM  

Sandie:
I'll pass it over to hubby lol

my blog October 13, 2008 5:21 AM  

tamu got some pretty good history


Brutally Honest Blog Reviews

FJL October 13, 2008 11:39 PM  

It sure is.:)

Followers

Where the inspiration comes

Where the inspiration comes

  © Blogger template Joy by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP