Lemon Grass as Natural Herbal Remedy to Prevent Cancer

>> Tuesday, April 14, 2009


Serai or Lemon Grass Cymbopogon ciatrusis used as herb either fresh, dried or powdered in Asian cuisine. It has a citrus flavour and widely used in soups, curries and any dish one like to mix it with. Other popular name for serai is citronella - the common scent you usually find in candles, perfumes and soaps. I rarely use serai but they were rows of them in the garden at the backyard and infront.
rows of serai

It is believed that serai is a good cleanser that helps to detoxify the liver, pancreas, kidney, bladder and the digestive tract. It cuts down uric acid, cholesterol, excess fats and other toxins in the body while stimulating digestion, blood circulation, and lactation; it also alleviates indigestion and gastroenteritis. It is said that lemongrass also helps improve the skin by reducing acne and pimples and acts as a muscle and tissue toner. Also, it can reduce blood pressure. Just make a concoction by boiling some lemon grass leaves, let it cool for a while and drink the liquid.

Some people believed that serai is able to prevent cancer and according to researchers from Ben Gurion University A drink with as little as one gram of lemon grass contains enough citral to prompt cancer cells to commit suicide in the test tube. II think its time for me to use more serai in my kitchen now.


credits to geocities







credits to eblog cari com my

10 Inspiring Leaves:

Bangchik and Kakdah April 14, 2009 1:40 AM  

I tried cold serai drink over in Filipina last year... not too bad! .. have you got serai wangi in your plot FJL? ~ cheers! ~ bangchik

J.C. April 14, 2009 11:34 PM  

I love to make Lemongrass Tea. This tea is now very popular in Balinese restaurants, wellness centre and Spa in KL. I learnt how to make it after tasting the tea served in the Herbaline Spa. They charge RM5 per cup.

But at home, with less than RM5, I can make a big pot of lemongrass tea that I share with friends and neighbours.

Boil the lemongrass with old ginger, pandan leaves and rock sugar. Boil longer to give a nice smell. Drink this warm. It smells very good and refreshing! These days, I always make this drink for potluck party.

FJL April 15, 2009 9:12 AM  

Bangcik and Kakdah : Not very sure la got serai wangi or not, I better go and observe the serai after this, am not very interested in this serai planting but after reading this nice healthy info about serai, am beginning to like it.

J.C : Now thats a good drink to try, never use serai in drinks before but will after this, since the serai keeps on growing but lacking of use.Do you just chop off the serai leaves and just use the stem- does it need cutting to small pieces? and what about tea? do you just use lemongrass or with tea? and any tea? Perhaps I can make some during this coming weekend. Thanks for the good recipe drinks J.C

Prospero April 16, 2009 3:12 AM  

I didn't know about lemon grass and cancer. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Jan April 16, 2009 11:02 PM  

How very interesting! I'll have to look into this some more. Having had cancer myself, of course I'm open to anything that might help prevent cancer cells from surviving! Jan

FJL April 17, 2009 7:42 AM  

Prospero : I've just found it recently and now in the process of making the serai drinks a favorite drink :) Thanks for stopping by ..

Jan : I hope it helps and thinking that our old folks used plants as a way to heal and prevent sickness, I think its worth a try.

Unknown June 12, 2009 10:37 AM  

Thanks JC.!!

i love the lemongrass drink which i tried in the spa too. So lucky to find this recipe and will definitely try it out. Thanks!

Unknown July 05, 2009 2:41 AM  

Hi there!

I just created a new site and noticed we have similar content about natural remedies. So, I was wondering if you would do a link exchange with me?

You can find me at http://www.naturalremedyguides.com.

Please let me know either way.

Thanks,

Shawn

FJL July 06, 2009 8:15 AM  

Shawn,
Its my pleasure but mine only sometimes comes up with natural remedy info. Hope it will do fine for you.
Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous January 05, 2010 5:49 PM  

I found this blog post very interesting and I hope to see from the responses whether it does work. I am using lemongrass products from the last six months and found they are really effective in reducing acne problems.

Followers

Where the inspiration comes

Where the inspiration comes

  © Blogger template Joy by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP