Pumpkin for Lunch

>> Sunday, March 29, 2009


I was wondering what to cook for lunch today when I saw this two big pumpkins hubby got from the garden and decided to cook it even though I was a bit lazy to get the pumpkin skin peeled and cut as it was big and heavy and needed quite an energy to cut it open.

Finally I managed to cut about a quarter size of pumpkin..
and diced it
Half an hour later pumpkin cooked with chicken meat was produced..

Tadaa ..still hot they were smoking..
that's my tale for today's lunch..fresh from the garden and into the wok :)

9 Inspiring Leaves:

Bangchik and Kakdah March 29, 2009 8:48 PM  

"Sedapnya..!!!", thats all I can say ... and I just pick this post in blotanical... cheers!

FJL March 31, 2009 5:44 PM  

Thanks and Geez Im honoured..:)

Unknown April 03, 2009 8:54 AM  

Yay, i love pumpkins/squash...they are so nutritious! You're so lucky to have them in your yard.

Unknown April 03, 2009 8:56 AM  

BTW, you might want to join the Food Trip Friday meme...

check it out at:
http://photoblog.fickleminded.net/

FJL April 05, 2009 10:45 AM  

This pumpkin only grows well when I just scattered the seeds on the ground, but if I planted them neatly like in rows they wouldnt grow that well. I think pumpkin is one independent plant :)
I think Food Trip Friday is cool and am thinking of joining soon..thanks for inviting..

Anonymous April 07, 2009 12:12 AM  

It looks yummy doesn't it? I simply love pumpkin for lunch =)

FJL April 07, 2009 7:01 AM  

Looks yummy and taste yummy as well :)

J.C. April 09, 2009 12:31 AM  

Hi FJL,

May I ask for the recipe of this pumpkin cooked with chicken? It looks delicious. I love pumpkin. But usually only cook it with dried prawns. Never tried it with chicken.

Thanks, JC

FJL April 09, 2009 8:08 AM  

Actually I was wondering what to mix it with. Usually I mix it with canned clam or dried prawns but since I gets bored with the same mixture then I decided to try the chicken. You cook the pumpkin first and at the same time in another wok you cook the chicken with ketchup and whatever you have in mind, when the pumpkin is a bit soft like the ubi and the chicken already cook, you just put the chicken in the pumpkin and mix them for a while.If the taste is already according to your need then you can take them out.Its easy, but if you cook them both in one wok then chances are you have overcook pumpkin.Tell me if you have try it next time :)

Followers

Where the inspiration comes

Where the inspiration comes

  © Blogger template Joy by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP