Flowerings and Fruitings in my garden

>> Friday, March 20, 2009

There are some plants in my garden that bearingflowers and some are fruiting.

The longan tree

the longan fruit

The longan ("dragon eyes") is so named because of the fruit's resemblance to an eyeball when it is shelled (the black seed shows through the translucent flesh like a pupil/iris).In Chinese medicine the longan, much like the lychee, is considered a "warm" fruit.
The Avocado tress in my garden are also bearing flowers and fruits.
Hardly wait to pluck them since they still young ..

Mangga Wani or known as the 'buah kuini in West Malaysia is another type of mango species, it is sweet and when planted properly will not have bugs inside the fruit..
the mangga wani or buah kuini
credits to benardcometh.blogspot




4 Inspiring Leaves:

islandgal246 March 23, 2009 10:34 AM  

I have been wishing for a longan tree for many years. I was introduced to them in Paris by a friend from Mauritius. They were delicious. They do not grow them here so I will have to import a seedling.

FJL March 24, 2009 7:32 AM  

Yes the fruit is very sweet and you want more after eating one. Thanks for stopping by :)

J.C. April 09, 2009 12:33 AM  

Usually I am drawn by the smell of a kuinin rather than the taste. It smells heavenly and sweet!

FJL April 09, 2009 8:37 AM  

Yes but when I have them too many in one place I got this dizzy feeling of the smells. Thanks for your comments, will hopping in yours soon :)

Followers

Where the inspiration comes

Where the inspiration comes

  © Blogger template Joy by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP