Spotted Dove in my Garden

>> Monday, July 27, 2009

The other day I managed to capture a Spotted Dove or burung tekukur quite close to the house. No wonder I always hear a coo coo kroo sound nearby. Zoom in was just not enough to get it close to my eyes and the camera I used was not the kind that can take the bird's color vividly.
The first picture taken when it was perching on the electric wire brushing its feathers.

Spotted Dove *Burung Tekukur*
The closest that I could shot. How I wish I own a DSLR..
For a very close burung tekukur picture go here

4 Inspiring Leaves:

Bangchik and Kakdah July 29, 2009 2:18 AM  

I am trying to imagine what is it like for birds as they are brushing and fluffing their feathers.

Is it the same feeling as we wipe off water with towel after bath? or is it the same feeling as we sit in front of mirror combing hair and do touch-up here and there?

But I can almost tell how happy these birds are as they fluff the feathers!

Have Fun orang keningau!
~ bangchik

FJL July 29, 2009 9:13 AM  

Hey you know what, the first picture was the tekukur doing touch ups before it perched again on another side of the wire that was near the kuini or mangga wani for me to take its close up picture, but what a shame I only can shot that much hehe..thanks for your idea :D

Autumn Belle July 29, 2009 8:51 PM  

The name burung terkukur sound like coo-coo-kroo. Terkukur, coo-coo-kroo. That mango is quinine mango, the one with a very strong smell right? Looks like you are having a good harvest of mangoes this season.

FJL July 30, 2009 12:28 AM  

Autumn belle,
Our old folks were so good at naming things right. Yes that mango is kuini mango or mango wani we called it here, not very much a harvest this year, the mango didnt fall at one go, they just falling 2 or 3 fruits daily, just enough for a family dessert after meal.

Followers

Where the inspiration comes

Where the inspiration comes

  © Blogger template Joy by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP