Pumpkin

>> Thursday, January 22, 2009

Its been a long time for me to wait for the pumpkin (buah labu) to grow and bear fruits. Below are the pictures of its stages development. Planting as early as in October last year and bearing new fruits this January. This morning when I went out looking for something new in the garden, I found its fruits among the lushes. Pumpkin I'll wait for you in the pot.
from seeds you come

becomes a lot of you
come on grow some more
finally a full blooming pumpkin flower
hidden there
tadaa, the labor of scattering the seeds has arrived..

The inside of this buah labu is white in color and best cooked as soup mix with meat.



7 Inspiring Leaves:

Jan January 24, 2009 3:59 AM  

I enjoyed the stages of the pumpkin's beginnings...the whole lifecycle might have been a bit much, though...so I'm glad you left that part out;)

Did you just 'scatter' the seeds, or did you move the soil around just a bit? Just curious...cause if I can 'just scatter', I'm going to use that method in the future--with all of my seeds;)

Thanks for stopping over at my blog and leaving a message;)

Sandie lee January 25, 2009 12:24 AM  

It seems like forever since I have visited your Blog...I apologize. I have been swamped with work.

However, as usually your pictures are beautiful and I always learn something new. Thanks :)

tina January 27, 2009 8:54 AM  

Tadaa! Isn't it wonderful when from seed to fruit we finally reap the efforts of our labors?

FJL January 27, 2009 8:04 PM  

Jan : You know what, with pumpkin seeds properly planted in rows of good earth, they seem refuse to grow that well. If being scattered, well you just see the results :) But not all seeds can be done that way, I think pumpkin just brutal as it is and doesn't want pampering ..

Sandie : Yeah I know you've been busy, but I will always stop over. :)

Tina : It is for sure pal. Thanks for stopping by :)

Dawn January 27, 2009 8:12 PM  

Goodness! What a green looking pumpkin! They do take time but well rewarding.

FJL February 04, 2009 9:20 AM  

Yes Dawn, fruit from the labor. Am waiting for the pumpkin to grow some stripes, but so far didn't see any..

Corner Gardener Sue April 04, 2009 10:02 AM  

I love seeing progression pictures like this. I can't grow pumpkins, because bugs eat them and kill the plants just as they are ripening.

Followers

Where the inspiration comes

Where the inspiration comes

  © Blogger template Joy by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP