Daun Pegaga

>> Thursday, December 4, 2008


Daun pegaga or pennywort (Centella Asiatica/Hydrocotyle Asiaticais) is said to be good for the eyes and also purifying the blood. There are many types of pegaga, some are big and others with small leaves. It is also known as the arthritis herbs according to source. The squeezed juice of the leaves are also believed to cool down the body temperature. Rich with vitamin A, C and Iron, daun pegaga for certain culture is the "official" veggies for women who has just given birth during the period of healing the body.
The pennywort in my mum's little garden. I think its the Chinese Pennywort as the leaves are small.

6 Inspiring Leaves:

Sandie lee December 04, 2008 10:57 PM  

I love your Blog. I always learn something new here. Since you know so much about these exotic plants, I may just have to use you as a resource on a plant article someday :)

FJL December 06, 2008 11:11 AM  

making this garden blog makes me learning too, from internet, and closer relatives as well as friends and myths in my place :)

J.C. April 09, 2009 1:03 AM  

My friend has recommended pegaga plant and juice to me when I had dengue fever. It helps to bring the fever down and fast recovery.
Just pound the pegaga leaves, squeeze the juice and drink it daily. Or one can also chew the leaves. I prefer chewing the leaves. It tasted like alfalfa.

FJL April 09, 2009 8:23 AM  

I just wish I can give it to my kids when they have fever. Thanks Jc for the good info :)

Bangchik and Kakdah June 05, 2009 8:31 PM  

Hello.....

There is another type of pegaga... with corrugated edges.. Of the two, the corrugated has "deeper" taste, but the one shown here can chewed easily.... So good to know, other than ulam, pegaga can be used to bring down fever..

Cheers Keningau!
~ bangchik

Episteemee June 08, 2009 9:09 PM  

Hi Sandie / JFL ,
Any idea how to make pegaga drink?
do u use a blender or juicer?
thanks ton :-)

Followers

Where the inspiration comes

Where the inspiration comes

  © Blogger template Joy by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP